Today I decided to tidy up my workspace. If you know me, that means a big job. Well I got it done and as a reward I decided to mess it up again. I mean make a card. I chose to do two challenges in one card. It really wasn't that hard as one challenge was a color combo and the other was a sketch challenge.
The other day I got an order in and I was excited to use all my new toys. One of the stamp sets that I got was the Animal Stories (120227). This stamp set can be earned for free by spending $65 or more on products. Call me today or visit my website.
The color challenge (from colourQ) was to use Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze (In Color 08), Night of Navy, Sahara Sand, and Whisper White. This color combo screamed BABY. And since I had the Animal Stories set I knew exactly what I was going to do.
The sketch challenge was from Diva Coffee Break Designs. This sketch is super simply and quick. I literally made this card in 10 minutes.
Here is the card.
I stamped the whale image with Baja Breeze and kissed it with Night of Navy. The Kissing technique is a great way to add more dimension to an image.
- Stamp you image (solid images work best) in a light color.
- Roll the edges of the image in a darker ink. Do not ink the whole image.
- Stamp on to paper.
Give it a try.
I used the Scallop circle to punch the image out. I also used the Diamond Texturz plate to emboss the back layer. To embellis the card I used Certainly Celery 1/2" ribbon and Whisper White 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon. The Certainly Celery ribbon was from last years SAB. Unfortunately its not available any more.
To finish the card off, I had to add a sentiment. I used the "Small Wonder" from the Whimsical Words stamp set. This stamp set you can also get for free during Sale-a-Bration. Give me a call or visit my website to take advantage of this offer.
What do you think? Did I fully complete both challeges?
Enjoy the beautiful Spring Day.
Just a reminder that Sale-a-Bration ends on March 31. Take advantage of some of the great products available today. To see the full brochure click on the catalogue link on the sidebar.
Three ways to earn these stamp sets:
- Spend $65 on any products from current catalogues
- Host a workshop totalling $395 or more
- Join Stampin' Up and receive 15% off the starter kit.
Supplies used today:
- Night of Navy cardstock
- Sahara Sand cardstock
- Certainly Celery cardstock
- Baja Breeze cardstock (discontinued)
- Whisper White cardstock
- Scallop Circle punch (109043 $22.95)
- Animal Stories (120227 FREE SAB)
- Whisper White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109025 $7.50)
- Certainly Celery 1/2" ribbon (discontinued)
- Baja Breeze Classic Stampin' Pad (discontinued)
- Night of Navy Classic Stampin' Pad (102977 $7.95)
- Texturz Plates Stampin' Up! Backgrounds 1 (114512 $15.95)