Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Valentine's



Happy Valentine's Day!!

What a great day to get back into blogging.  I have been absent for some time now.  I apologize.  Christmas came and took over my life for sometime, and then I've been preparing for our new arrival.  
However, I have been playing in my craft room.  

Today I want to share with you the cards I made for my two Valentines.   
The first card is one I made for my darling husband.  He's been such a great blessing in my life.  And lately he's been helping lots around the house.  I'm unable to do a lot of things, but he's ready and willing to help.  I don't know what I would do without him.  I'm so glad he'll be around for the next nine months.

For the card, I used the Love letterpress plate from Stampin' Up!.  I've played around with it a few times, and I find it works best with watercolour paper.  You get a nicer impression.  I've made it the focal point of the card, as I wanted to let my husband know how much I love him.  I also wanted to make the card masculine, so I used Night of Navy, Ruby Red, and Bravo Burgundy.   I punched the sentiment out with the modern label and placed it on top of some old ribbon I had laying around.  Its colour is really close to Bravo Burgundy.

I sure hope he loves the card.

The second Valentine's in for my 1 year old son.  I was inspired by the train image from the Whoo's Your Valentine stamp set from Stampin' Up!.  The Frosted Window tutorial over at Splitcoaststampers inspired the design of the card.  For the window opening I used the negative of the Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 18 in Blush Blossom and Regal Rose.  The base of the card is Chocolate Chip.  I placed a layer of Close to Cocoa behind the Frosted Window.   I finished the card with some light pink ribbon that I had laying around and stamped to small hearts (from the stamp set I {Heart} Hearts from Stampin' Up!) in the corners.  It's a perfect card for a child.  

I hope you've enjoyed these cards and I have more to share over the next few weeks.  

Kristy 

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment