Thursday, February 4, 2010

FTL 76 from Clean & Simple

Heres my attempt at a Fall to Layout sketch from the Clean and Simple blog.  I chose to try out two different stamp sets but I really like my first attempt.  
For the first card I used the For all You Do stamp set.  Its an excellent set for using pastels on.  As you can tell from my previous post, I'm loving my pastels.  This week as been dedicated to pasels.  I also used the Hostess Level 1 DSP  (remember if you host a workshop, you can earn this paper for free) and Whisper White 1/4" gingham ribbon.  I really love the simplicity of this design.  This layout can be applied to any stamp set and color combo.  I think I might spend a day doing up a bunch of birthday cards using this layout.  I could have a years worth plus some extra cards done.  
I used the Good Neighbor DSP from SAB (Only 2 months left to get this paper for free) and the Good Neighbor stamp set.  I like the warm colors of Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Old Olive and Kraft.  I slightly adjusted the layout and I didn't use a sentitment.  I just didn't have the right sentiment.  This card is for someone that just bought a home or had a baby.  A welcome home sentiment would be perfect, but I don't have one.  

Well I'm off to make more cards.  I'm going to continue to use the Good Neighbor set.

If you're interested in getting this stamp set for FREE, visit my website or email me. 

Have a great day.

Kristy



4 comments:

  1. Very pretty!

    Thanks for playing along with the FTL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really pretty! Love your variations, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice - love the CAS layout - my fave is the burgundy one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! Love the colours you chose on both!

    ReplyDelete